In less than 24 hours we will be having our last level 2 ultrasound to check on Baby C and her little heart! I am nervous, scared, excited, worried, anxious, and so many more things! I am just praying for a good report! At the last ultrasound the VSD had gotten bigger since her original diagnoses. I was very unprepared at the last visit to ask questions but this time I have my list all ready to go!
Monday, April 23, 2012
Over the past 36 weeks I have been day dreaming about all the cute baby stuff we were going to need! I started almost as soon as we found out! I went and picked out mostly gender neutral items because at the time we had not decided for sure if this will be our last. We didn't actually buy anything until we knew what we were having but still wanted to go some neutral items. Here is a sneak peak of some of them!
I found a nice travel system:
Baby Bed (With out her bedding):
Her Bouncy Seat:
I cant wait till my Baby Girl is here and using these items!!!
Friday, April 20, 2012
Just got home from appointments...Baby Girl is looking great! They didn't measure her this week :( Talked to my midwife about scheduling my repeat section if needed and she said to wait until I was at the point were I wanted to have it because if I did schedule it now and I go into labor on my own then they would try to force the section. Also signed my consent form to have my tubes tied but only having it done if I have a section. But I did get some cute pictures!!!
She kept trying to eat her feet during the ultrasound! I have not even meet her yet and I am already so in love with her! I cannot wait to get to hold her in my arms!
Well we made it to 36 weeks! I have a doctors appointment in a couple of hours and also a ultrasound and nst! I cant wait to see Baby "C" again!
But now I am rethinking my decision of having a VBAC! I would really like to, but I do not want to go past my due date! As of right now I am not dilated or effaced; she is still really high; and she is sunny side up! I am thinking that I might go ahead and schedule a repeat c-section for when I am 39 weeks but if she comes before then fine we will proceed with a VBAC!
I am also considering having my tubes tide once she is born! After all the complications that we had when my son was born and now all of this with Baby "C" I just don't think I could handle another pregnancy! It has been an emotional roller coaster and I have not enjoyed the ride at all! It has been very draining on my husband and myself!
I have a lot of decisions to make before I go to my appointment today! I will post pictures and more information when I get home this afternoon!
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Over the past week my pregnancy symptoms have changed so much! I have started having swelling in my hands and feet; I can barely walk due to the pressure Baby "C" is putting on my hips; I have been getting nauseated again, and braxton hicks have started getting more often and are hurting a little bit more!
Thankfully I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and maybe I will get some good news about if I am dilating or not! We will also be having our weekly ultrasound to check her growth and a nst to monitor her heart!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
8 days till we see our high risk doctor.
10 days till we reach full term.
24 days till my due date based on LMP.
31 days till my ultrasound due date!
Baby "C" will be here before we know it and I am getting really nervous for several reasons!
First is because of her heart! Is her heart going to be strong enough to tolerate the VBAC I we have been planning? Is she going to have to go to the NICU because of her heart or am I going to get to have her in the room with me? There are just so many questions about her heart that wont be able to be answered until she is born and it is really scaring the crap out of me.
Second is because of labor! You wouldn't think this would make me nervous but it sure does! I am wanting to try for a all natural VBAC with no pain meds! I just don't know if I have the will power to do so!
Third is bringing her home and getting my son comfortable with having a new Tiny Human in the house! I am worried about how he is going to adjust! He has been the center of my world for four years and now he is going to have to share my attention!
I know everything will work out in the end but right now I am just nervous and ready for all of this to be over! I am ready to meet my daughter and hold her in my arms. I am just hoping that she will not need much if any medical intervention for her VSD! But I am also preparing myself mentally for if she does! Again please keep our family and little girl in your prayers!
Saturday, April 14, 2012
"Your Daughter has a heart defect." The words you never want or expect to hear at a routine ultrasound. But those are the words we heard that day!
Let me back up to the beginning.
September 8, 2011 we got our first positive pregnancy test! We were so excited to be adding a new addition to the family!
September 28, 2011 we had our first OB appointment and found out that I was 6 weeks days pregnant and my due date was May 18, 2012!
November 9, 2011 we had our first visit with our high risk OB due to the fact I am a little on the heavy side! They did an ultrasound and told us that we had what was called an amniotic band. Basically its a piece of the amniotic sac that is floating like a string in the fluid. If the band does not go away it could wrap itself around the baby and cause limbs to be amputated or worse fetal death. We were told to come back in eight weeks to check the status of the band!
December 23, 2011 we had an ultrasound at our Midwifes office and we found out that we were expecting a Little Girl! I was super thrilled since we already have a little boy! The other good news was that they could not see the amniotic band but still wanted my high risk doctor to monitor it!
January 25, 2012 we went in to check on the amniotic band. Thankfully it was gone. Then the words that will change your life "Your Daughter has a heart defect". I was in complete shock! I did not know what questions to ask. I did not know what to think or do. Our daughter was diagnosed at 23 weeks 5 days gestation with a ventricular septal defect (VSD) which is a defect in the ventricular septum, the wall dividing the left and right ventricles of the heart. Also known as a "Whole in the Heart". At the time it was measuring 3mm which is on the small side and could not be repaired surgically but would need to be monitored. They told us that one this size had a good chance of closing up before she was born or shortly after birth. But other than that she was perfectly healthy and growing like she should.
March 1, 2012 we had yet another ultrasound with our Midwife. They couldn't see the VSD! But again still wanted me to follow up with my high risk doctor.
March 28, 2012 we went for our follow up with our high risk doctor. Had yet another ultrasound. Again we did not get great news. The whole has not gotten smaller. It has gone from a 3mm to a 4mm. Now they are saying that if it doesn't close after she is born and is having complications she will need surgery.
April 13, 2012 I am now having weekly ultrasounds and non stress test with my Midwife! Baby "C" is weighing in at 5lbs 15oz give or take a pound. And she is doing good! We wont know anymore about her heart until we go back to our high risk doctor on April 25. Please keep our little girl in your prayers!